I’m sure we are all looking forward to a new year! Have you made any New Year’s resolutions?
Well if you haven’t, it’s not too late to make positive health changes. Consider some new oral health habits to start the year off in a healthy way.
Here are some suggestions:
- Brush 2 times a day for 2 minutes, morning and night.
- Floss between every tooth, every day.
- Purchase and use a power toothbrush like a Sonicare by Philips.
- Drink more water and cut out sugary drinks.
- Make an appointment with the dentist if you haven’t been to the dentist’s office in the last 6 months.
- If you have an orthodontic or night guard appliance, and haven’t been faithfully wearing it, commit to wear it nightly.
- Quit tobacco. Decide on a date to stop tobacco use and stick to it.
Happy New Year and may 2021 be healthy, happy, and full of blessings!
Teresa Hanna, RDH